Monday, September 27, 2010
Snoodles
Raising children brings a whole new meaning to patience, persistence, and tolerance. As a mother I have enjoyed many of the things that comes with rearing children; continuous questioning, being climbed, trampled, and tugged on, watching movies over and over and over again, and doing whatever it takes to be on their level. I believe that to understand their world you should be willing to submerse yourself in it. Truth is, it's not that hard for me to do. I love cartoons, Disney, and most things cute and loveable. I have become quite versed at the popular preschool line-up, and can pretend as good as most 2-6 yr olds. Lately, I have started to see a deeper meaning behind most of the so called fairy tales. Like some of the more modern animated movies, the main story has many hidden meanings that mature audiences understand and can enjoy. So, the latest of my thought inspiring stories is from the Snoodles. It's a story read by Bob the Tomato and as with most of the Veggie Tales stories is christianity based. Most particularly I have been pondering how this story plays out one snoodle's way of finding his purpose in life. Attempting to use the gifts he's been given and repeatedly being dejected by his peers. He finally makes an arduous climb to the top of a mountain where he meets a man, the representation of God. The snoodle is reminded by God of his individual worth, and how he should use his talents to the very best of his ability and "soar". What better way to put life into perspective than to stop and think of why we are on this earth and what our purpose is in life. For me, I know that I am here to be a mother to my kids, a wife to my husband, and a faithful daughter of God. I am here to help raise my children to be stewards of righteousness. I am to be the very best example I can to them. I am to teach them of God & Jesus and show them of the love He has for them. I am to help them through this journey called life; to walk beside them, and at times to hold them up, even carry them. To teach them of God's plan and what part they play in it. What sweeter way to put life trials into perspective than to be able to see them as temporary and endurable. It is so wonderful to realize the incredible (and scary) influence we as parents have. That who we are and what we do, will reflect in the lives and souls of our children.
