Monday, September 6, 2010
Role Reversals
Well, the one year anniversary of my husband's unemployment has come and gone. Oddly the man who once said he would love to be the 'stay-at-home dad' has had this opportunity and is itching to get out of the house. So what has transpired in the mean time, well after truly giving the mortgage industry the last straw test, he chose to change gears completely and go to the police academy. After graduating valedictorian of his class, June 30th, he has completed numerous applications, taken several Civil Service Tests, agility tests, and one polygraph. And what does he have to show for it, experience! But, Persevere my sweet husband! Keep going, something will happen in time. Meanwhile the adventures you are taking on at home will be some of the greatest stories to remember. Ladybug, Shoobee, and Zaza will soon grow up, more than we will be ready for. And those days of playing make-believe, and superdad will be but happy blessed memories. I am so very proud of what you have accomplished in the last 9 months. I love you, and as much as I hate to be away from my post at home, (which I truly do) I know this will be good for all of us, somehow!
