Monday, March 28, 2011

making time for family...

Once again, the past few months have past so quickly! Not much has changed other than finally getting approval for overtime at work. So, of course, I am trying to work as much as I can to get us back on track. It's exhausting and I feel like I am either working or sleeping. And how I miss my sweet babies! Ladybug turned 7 in February. It iced, stayed frozen at temps in the 20's and then snowed. Four days of all three kids home. It was fun and cold and crazy. Driving was a genuine challenge! (days I wish I were not 'necessary' staff at work) But I made it to work each day and safely home. It only took about an HOUR, each way (I live 22 miles away)!

After the snows, we got wrapped up in Girl Scout cookies & school stuff. Ladybug is a 2nd year Daisy and so cookies were sold through January. The selling is actually the easy part, the delivery and collecting the money... so much more work. She did very well this year with mom & Reuben selling at work. She (we) sold 275 boxes!! She had also been assigned to do a research project on something about Texas for school. There was a suggestions list and as I read off the topics, Ladybug chose NASA's Space Center in Houston. Grandma Jackson lives in Houston with my aunt & uncle, so I thought this could be a win/win trip. A week went by and randomly on Friday morning, I proposed that we drive out to Houston for the weekend. We left Saturday about noon, and when we got there drove to see Grandma Jackson. It was a great visit, just too short. We got to see Tom & Darlene as well. It was SO nice to see everyone. (It kills me grandma is so close but yet so far away) Ladybug was a hit with my aunt. It was very  enlightening. We finally had to leave my family and drove to our hotel for the night.  I slept with Zaza and Shoobee, so not a very good night's sleep. Sunday morning we got up ate a yummy breakfast and then left for the Space Center. It was very awesome! None of us had ever been there so it was an education for all. We went on the tram tours and then some of the demonstrations, then finally played before visiting the artifacts and space history video theatre. We spent the better part of 5 hours there before needing to head home in order to get kids to bed. I took lots of pictures for us to use on her photobook visual aid that she said she wanted to do. It was such a wonderful family trip!

March 11th was the official start off Spring Break! We were supposed to have the in laws here but it did not work out. We had Ladygug's official Birthday party March 12th! It was full of friends, falling, and fun! Falling, you say, oh yes, it was a roller skating party!! She had a wonderful turn out and I think the kids really enjoyed themselves. For most this was the first time to roller skate, so they ALL fell down often and together!! It was comical!!!

That pretty much catches me up to last week. I was so excited to only work one extra shift last week. Which meant I actually had 2 1/2 whole days with my kids and hubby. I felt so happy again to be playing on the floor, reading books, and tickle tackling the kids. Zaza is growing up faster than I'd like. She will be 2 in 6 weeks! She is beautiful and amazing, and my little snuggle bug. She as been introduced to the world of TV and likes the Wiggles. She sings and dances. It is the sweetest thing to see. I just wish she would stay little a while longer... So, now after getting to be home for the time I did last week, I find this week I am pretty sad and grumpy that the exhaustive working has to continue (scheduled 48 hours this week). I can't help but feel irritable towards my husband that he is still without  a job and I am missing these precious moments with the kids. I pray for the help to ease my anger and help me to be grateful for my ability to provide for my family. I hope for a job to present itself soon, and for things to return to the way they were.  (And if it were even possible, I would hope for the hubster's computer to croak!)

Well, the bluebonnets are blooming, the pollen is abundant, and it will soon be time for Easter. April plans to be very busy. So, I'll write again, when I can! : )