Monday, June 13, 2011

End of school 2011

Ahh, the end of another school year! And the beginning of the unknown summer. I say unknown because I have no idea what lies ahead for our family for the summer. Bart has given up on the law enforcement pursuit. It has been quite a journey. We are now full circle, and back to the mortgage world we go. He is getting his loan officer's license and will begin work for a local mortgage group near our house. Hooray for Bart, since I know he is ready to do something outside the home, but it will be a challenge working out his and my hours for the summer. I have decided I will be going back to school this next year to begin my graduate studies. However, while I can, I am looking into other options within Children's. Hours continue to be scarce throughout the hospital which has many concerned. I need to find some stability while these changes set in.
I am hoping to keep the kids busy this summer with some camps, projects, reading time, and pool time. I have them in semi-private swim lessons with their preferred coach. We are still debating continuing Tae kwon do and gymnastics, but we have found a few great deals on local camps. VBS will be the end/beginning of June/July. And hopefully, we can fit in gym time, and swim time. I can at least leave Zaza in the play area at the gym, while the older two swim.
We may take a trip somewhere, at some point, but nothing is set in stone yet. The kids really want to see the ocean/beach. Shoobee asked if we could see the whales. Yikes, I don't think we'll make it that far into the ocean. (Maybe Sea World San Antonio.) I know the in-laws are wanting to meet up in Lubbock, so we can meet baby Joe. Grandma Jackson also wanted to see the kids again. So, we've got options!
As for recent updates and news, Zaza turned 2! We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary! I have continued fund raising for the 3-day and training walks have begun. I have trimmed down some and feel pretty good about it. My big fundraiser that I was actually given charge of, was last night. It went well. I do not know the final numbers, but I know people had fun, ate good food, and enjoyed themselves. I was nervous, but really, it came together well. I love this team!! Ladybug finished 1st grade and did VERY well! (I am blessed to have such smart kids.) Shoobee ended his school year with hesitation. He really loves seeing his friends and getting to play each weekday. He said he will miss them. So playdates are also on the list of things-to-do.
Oh, and Reuben may be moving out. He and his wife are supposed to be signing a lease for their own place this week. I know the kids will be sad to see him go! So will I. It's been nice having another personality in the mix. The next hurdle will be re-situating the kids in their rooms. I am thinking of giving Ladybug her own room and making Shoobee and Zaza share one for a now(?)  Well, it's just a thought...
So I guess that's the great update. I'll write again soon, maybe even get some pictures posted,
~A