Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trying too hard

I had the greatest epiphany Wednesday evening. We had gone swimming at the gym after nap time and stayed for a few hours when it was time to head home for dinner and bedtime. It was pretty close to 7pm. On the way home, Bart & I chose to grab food since it would be faster and easier, we stopped at Quizno's. Once we got home, I shouted joyfully, "Upstairs to mom's room, we're having a bedroom picnic" The kids loved it. We all five scrambled on the king size bed with our sandwiches before us. Each of us in a slightly different direction but all still trying to watch the TV and eat. I looked at us, all cramped, twisted, wiggly, satisfied, and happy. I had to laugh! I have been trying so hard to make this a fun summer for the kids. I've gone on and on about how I wanted us to bond and be happy... little did I realize, we are. We have spent the last two months being together, learning to work together, to play together, and we are a very close and happy family. It's not always perfect, but that's life. It was so awesome to see! I couldn't help but reflect how life has thrown some lemons our way, but we keep finding ways to make them sweet and tasty. I am blessed, I am truly, truly blessed!  I love my kids, they are an amazing combination of personalities, temperaments, and heart. It may not always be easy to see, but I think we are doing something right. We are loving these kids with all that we have and showing them how to love right back!!

So next week, we are going to Sea World San Antonio!  Our first full family fun trip! We are staying at the Hilton, right by Sea World. We plan to take two days to see Sea World, so we don't feel rushed. We are also going to see the Riverwalk and the Alamo while we're there. I can't wait to see the kids' faces when they see Shamu and the dolphins! This is gonna be great!!    ~A