Saying good-bye. This month has been full of good-byes, it started with the crash of my old computer becoming more and more inevitable. It was time to take the plunge and get a new one. So, after some debate and lots of research, I bought a Mac. It has been a great decision, even though I still have a LOT to learn about it. Next we said good-bye to infancy as we celebrated sweet baby Zaza's first birthday! Yup, I can't believe it either, '1' already! It was so much fun to watch her squish and smear the cake Nana got her, all over herself and her high chair! Along with this momentous birthday we officially said good-bye to bottles and formula! What a fabulous relief, no more $$ formula, bottle liners, or washing/sterilizing nipples. We have found a sippy cup she seems to like, and are on our way to finger foods.
As the school year comes to and end, Shoo-bee has completed his first year in the fabulous preschool program we have come to love. However, this means we had to teach our little guy about changes and growing older, and getting new teachers next year... Yikes, I shouldn't have said that! He threw himself on the floor in the hallway outside his class and just cried "I don't want a new teacher!" He has truly loved his teachers this year and it has been such a blessing to see him love and be loved like that. So for now, we just aren't gonna talk about his 'new class' with him. Surprisingly, Ladybug handled the end of Kindergarten with grace. New to this 'end of school' chaos, I came to pick her up to find her clutched tightly to her friends hand. She saw me, acknowledged that I was waiting for her but something was keeping her close to her friend. I waited fairly patiently, and then she released the locked hands. Her kinder teacher came out and the hugs ensued. Ladybug's little friend and her hugged their teacher very tightly and then her friend started to get very upset. I looked up trying to understand, and saw her mom also tearing up. I went to get Ladybug's hand and her sweet friend was so distraught that she was losing her kindergarten teacher, she would not physically let go of her. It broke my heart and I too found tears coming out of my eyes. But truthfully, I was sad to realize that my little Ladybug is growing up. She has learned so much and accomplished so much this year, I am so proud of her!
