I find it quite hysterical that when inspiration comes i am NEVER at my computer, or near paper to write my thoughts down. Instead, I am in that dreamy state between wakefulness and sleep, in the shower, or driving somewhere. I guess these are the only true moments I get to think about and understand life's little quirks. For example, the other day I had this random thought about this blog and why I am really doing this. Truthfully, I figure what better way to share my thoughts and preserve them for my kids than to blog (journal) and have the posts bound and printed. But, then if that is my true audience, then what do I really want to share, the mundane day to day stuff, or maybe some things a little deeper. Well, you'll just have to put that one together for yourself. So, with that being said, I have to tell you about my recent project, de-cluttering my house. As Bart's graduation from the Police Academy draws nearer, I am sure to have some familial visitors at my home. Mind you, it is a 3 bedroom, 2-story quaint little home that we bought way before we ever had kids. Now, years (7 to be exact) later, we have three kids, 1 dog, 1 cat, and no space! We recently combined our front sitting room with our formal dining furniture in order to make a playroom for the kids. This was to help keep the toys in one room, not all over every room. Any way, so to catch you up, I have a very cluttered home with lots more stuff than I ever thought imaginable. SO, my sweet sweet friend offered to help me de-clutter. Wow, what a friend! It so far has been a week long project and I think it may go for a while. We're taking it one room at a time. But it's been awesome! Cleaning out stuff and throwing things away is way more fun when you have someone to share it with (and help distract the baby, and keep you focused). We are doing well with trashing some, saving some for sale on Craigslist or garage sale, and setting aside and dropping off things for charity. I am really starting to see a difference, and it has made me a less stressed out and crabby individual. So thank you to my dear sweet friend, you are such a blessing to me!!
So one week down for summer break so far, lots more to go. Next week is VBS and should be fun! I'll have more stories then. Night!
